Size: 34,000 square feet
Status: Completed 2012
FCPC Wunder Hall
Originally built in 1925 as a dormitory for the Concordia College campus of Milwaukee this three-story historic red brick and Indiana limestone building was renovated by TKWA for adaptive re-use as office space by the current owners of the campus – the Forest County Potawatomi Community. Wunder Hall is one of five historic buildings on the 11-acre Concordia Trust Property designated as Contributing Structures to the Concordia Historic District by the City of Milwaukee and the National Park Service.
TKWA was hired to prepare a campus master plan for adaptive re-use of the campus buildings. Renovation of the 34,000sf Wunder Hall, the first project in the Concordia redevelopment began in 2012. Key project components include the following:
•Building envelope improvements, including new energy efficient windows and doors, upgraded exterior wall and roof insulation, and sealing of exterior masonry.
•New building HVAC and plumbing systems, including 94% efficient gas-fired boilers and chillers, digital control systems, energy and water saving fixtures.
•Improved energy efficient electrical systems, including fluorescent and LED interior/exterior lighting, energy efficient lighting controls with daylight control and automatic shutoff.
•Anticipated total energy savings resulting from implementation of this project include a 58% reduction in natural gas use and a 55% reduction in electrical energy.
•Portions of the energy efficiency improvements were funded through a Department of Energy grant.